Interested in Applying as a UChicago Veteran Scholar?
Our pioneering admission process is designed to support veteran applicants by building a relationship between you and the University. This includes tailored individual guidance, opportunities to interview, and multiple routes to success such as rolling admissions opportunities along with scheduled notification options (Fall, Winter, and Spring). The application itself is set into a 4-step process designed to offer flexible options that acknowledge your service-transition timeline … all the while supporting you with advisor access.
Every veteran and service member who engages in this application will be offered support throughout the application process Each veteran applicant is provided feedback to strengthen their applications, along with recommendations on specific courses that can further demonstrate academic performance leading to a competitive application. along with college counseling UChicago empowers the veteran or soon-to-be veteran to find the best fit for them, whether that is at UChicago or another academic institution. This model isn't designed to recruit and enroll as many veterans as possible, but rather to match veterans with the schools that are best suited to their needs, interests, and academic abilities in order to streamline their transition into higher education. Your dreams of higher education are important to us! If UChicago is not the right fit for you, we are happy to connect you with Coalition partners and universities that support your academic and career ambitions. We want you to succeed! that extends beyond UChicago.
It is evident that the UChicago admissions staff takes personal interest and care when inviting members to join the UChicago Veteran Scholar family.
Army Veteran, UChicago Veteran Scholar, Class of 2023
- Start the process with a quick app – fill out an information form and begin your UChicago journey
- You will receive a reply from us with guidance on continuing the application process along with setting up an appointment to connect with us and begin the relationship!
- No application fee!
- Start your application
- Continue the process – share your academic and military experience
- Academic Performance – Upload transcripts or self-report your most recent coursework (college, online, high school). You are also welcome to submit your test scores (optional).
- Military Performance – Share your military experience with us and how it leads you to pursue a UChicago education.
- Complete your application – Submit your letters of recommendation, transcripts, and essays
- Notification – Select a timeline that works best for you and accommodates your transition from service in the armed forces
- Rolling Admission – A flexible year-round timeline that offers an admission decision within weeks of submission. If admitted through this option you commit yourself to attendance at UChicago.
- Scheduled Decision Dates – Offers access to a more traditional timeline with admissions decisions occurring during three scheduled notification periods.
- Fall Notification: Application Deadline November 1st and Notification in Mid-December
- Winter Notification: Application Deadline January 15th and Notification in Early March
- Spring Notification: Application Deadline March 1st and Notification in Early May