All students are automatically considered for merit-based scholarships, regardless of their financial situation. There is no separate application required. Exemplary students are selected to receive University merit scholarships on the basis of outstanding academic achievement, extracurricular achievement, demonstrated leadership, and commitment to their communities.
UChicago is proud to offer the following scholarship opportunities, which often include additional support components:
- University Scholarship: A University Scholarship will be awarded to outstanding students as partial tuition for a four year scholarship.
- First Phoenix Scholarship: All first-generation college students will be awarded a $20,000 scholarship over four years.
- Police and Fire Scholarship: To honor our nation’s safety public safety officers, the children of professional, active-duty or killed on duty municipal, county, and state police and firefighters are eligible for up to full-tuition, four-year scholarships.
- Odyssey Scholarship Program: Thanks to the incredible generosity of an anonymous donor—“Homer”—and further gifts from alumni and friends of the University, the Odyssey Scholarship program provides enhanced academic, social, and career support to students who are from under-resourced families or the first from their families to attend college.
- Neubauer Adelante Family Programs: These programs provide enhanced financial support to students engaged in Hispanic/Latino communities.
- UChicago Promise: This program provides financial support and other resources to students from the Chicagoland area.
- Chicago Public Schools Students: Select outstanding graduates of Chicago Public Schools will be awarded up to full-tuition four-year scholarships.
- Chicago Public Schools Educators: In honor of their service to the community and city, select outstanding students of active CPS full-time teachers and school-based non-leadership staff will be awarded up to full-tuition, four-year scholarships.
- Partner Schools: Outstanding students in our community at University of Chicago Charter School Woodlawn Campus, Nicholas Senn High School, providence St. Mel School, and Kenwood Academy High School will be awarded up to full-tuition, four-year scholarships.
- City Colleges of Chicago: The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) Star Program will be awarded to first year tuition scholarships to deserving City of Chicago College graduates.
- Evans Scholarship: The Evans Scholars Program awards full housing and tuition college scholarships to deserving caddies.
- Trott Scholar: The Trott Scholarship, a four-year award, will be awarded to outstanding full-time students from rural communities.
- Veterans: UChicago participates in the Yellow Ribbon Program.
Internship awards for meritorious achievement include:
- President’s Scholar: $5000 for a summer special research project, internship, or graduate level coursework for each of two summers before second, third, or fourth year.
- Dean’s Scholar: $5000 for a summer special research project, internship, or graduate level coursework for a summer before second, third, or fourth year.
Wherever you’re considering attending college, we also encourage you to apply for scholarships from outside organizations. Our Financial Aid Office has compiled a list of third-party scholarships.
UChicago is also a proud partner of RaiseMe which offers students the opportunity to earn and accumulate micro-scholarships on the basis of high school achievements. New and expanding partnerships include The College Board, Making Caring Common, Nudge for College, Turning the Tide, and the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success.