UChicago offers a wide range of need-based financial aid, the most significant source of available scholarships for our students, in addition to merit-based scholarships.
UChicago is proud to offer the following scholarship opportunities, which often include additional support components:
- Merit Scholarships: Merit scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic and extracurricular achievement, demonstrated leadership, and community commitment. All students are eligible and automatically considered, but specific scholarships exist for first-generation students and families of police and fire & departments nationwide.
- First Phoenix Scholarship: All first-generation college students will be awarded a $20,000 scholarship over four years.
- Police and Fire Scholarship: To honor our nation’s safety public safety officers, the children of professional, active-duty or killed on duty municipal, county, and state police and firefighters are eligible for up to full-tuition, four-year scholarships.
- Odyssey Scholarship Program: Thanks to the incredible generosity of an anonymous donor—“Homer”—and further gifts from alumni and friends of the University, the Odyssey Scholarship program provides enhanced academic, social, and career support to students who are from under-resourced families or the first from their families to attend college.
- Neubauer Adelante Family Programs: These programs provide enhanced financial support to students engaged in Hispanic/Latino communities.
- UChicago Promise: This program provides financial support and other resources to students from the Chicagoland area.
- Evans Scholarship: The Evans Scholars Program awards full housing and tuition college scholarships to deserving caddies.
- Stand Together: The UChicago Stand Together initiative offers enhanced financial aid and academic advising support for students from historically underrepresented groups and veterans.
Wherever you’re considering attending college, we also encourage you to apply for scholarships from outside organizations. Our Financial Aid Office has compiled a list of third-party scholarships.
UChicago is also a proud partner of RaiseMe which offers students the opportunity to earn and accumulate micro-scholarships on the basis of high school achievements. New and expanding partnerships with The College Board, Making Caring Common, Nudge for College, Turning the Tide, and the Coalition for Access, Affordability and Success.