Thank you for the time and effort you put forth in your application to UChicago, especially in the midst of a very challenging year! You are among the most brilliant, ambitious, and academically qualified students in the world. It is a privilege to have shared in your ideas and accomplishments, and to have gotten to know you.
Admissions decisions for Early Decision II applicants will be available February 10, 2023, through the UChicago Account.
What Decisions Mean
Admit: Congratulations! We’re thrilled you will be joining us on campus next year. If you were admitted through the Early Decision 2 round, you have until March 3, 2023 to confirm your enrollment.
Waitlist: You have not been offered a place in the Class of 2027 at this time, but we will let you know by early summer if we are able to offer you a spot from the waitlist. UChicago’s waitlist is not ranked. If UChicago remains your top choice, here’s some advice on what to do next.
- Accept your spot on the waitlist by logging into your UChicago Account. If you’re still interested in attending UChicago, this is the way to let us know.
- Accept a place at another school by May 2 to make sure you have a college home for next year. If we are able to offer you a spot in the class and you choose to accept it, please let the other school know as soon as possible that you will not be attending.
- Write a brief note to your regional admissions counselor explaining why UChicago remains your top choice.
- Worry about meeting us. We do not make decisions based on whether or not a student has visited or engaged with our virtual programming. Following the steps listed above is all that’s needed to indicate your continued interest.
- Submit all-new application materials. The application you sent us originally is complete, and we have determined that it is a strong one. We have all the information we need from you, and, as time goes on, we’ll know more about whether there is space left in the class to take students from the waitlist.
- Panic. An admissions decision is not an evaluation of you as a person. Decisions are made over a long period of time by a number of people and take into account the entire applicant pool. Please keep in mind that we cannot give reasons for decisions over the phone or via email, as it really is impossible to condense the conversations behind our decisions in a way that would be adequate or helpful to the applicant.
Deny: After much consideration, we are unable to offer you a place in the Class of 2027. There is no process for appealing admissions decisions. We wish you the best as you pursue your educational goals.
This year’s applicants have come from around the globe and are united by a compelling interest in learning and the power of ideas. No matter your admissions decision, you have a bright future ahead of you.