Top Ten Reasons to Finish Your Application
It’s that time of year: there’s a chill in the air, a distant howl on the wind, a pumpkin on your front porch. Thoughts of falling leaves and horrifying amounts of Halloween candy fill your head, but the greatest treat of all? Finishing your college applications!
All of us UChicago College Admissions Interns have been in your shoes, and we're here to help. Send us an email to speak with current UChicago students about campus life, and if you need that one last little boost to get you over the finish line, we’ve got 10 good reasons to complete your early application to UChicago by November 1.
- Once you finish your application, you can get around to naming some of Saturn’s 20 newly-discovered moons. Some of our ideas include Goodnight Moon, Sailor Moon, “Shut Up and Dance” by Walk the Moon Will Never Get Old, Moony McMoonface, and Jeff.
- November 3 is cliché day. So, just remember when finishing your application that Rome wasn’t built in a day. If you love something, set it free. When life gives you college apps, make lemonade. Sticks and stones may break my bones, but apps will never hurt me. An app a day keeps the deadlines away. Also, you should avoid clichés like the plague. And that’s the way the cookie crumbles.
- You can finally start a list of “unintentional horror movies,” like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory (don’t get us started about that boat scene) or CATS (explanation unnecessary).
- I Just Can’t Wait to Be
King done with my application. You should Be Prepared for the November 1 deadline, but remember that the Circle of Life will continue even after you have finished all of your essays. Hakuna Matata!
- You’ll have some free time to ponder some of life’s most challenging questions, like: why don’t they call the subsequent seasons “Strangerer Things?”
- It seems that people have forgotten about the Skeleton War, but a skelephant never forgets...
- Hark! It's almost Oscar season. You know what-what-what-what-what great things you can go see once your application is in!
- Papyrus: everyone's 2nd favorite font to hate. Finishing your application by November 1 will mean you have plenty of time to create something completely new for the Avatar logo.
- With daylight savings time coming to an end, you can give thanks for your extra hour of sleep to a bug scientist from New Zealand who wanted more daylight hours to collect bugs.
- Even though this whole process is plagued with uncertainty, and a lot of stress, and too many campus tours, and big decisions, there’s something magical about a beginning. And this is a beginning.
Words of Encouragement