At UChicago, you are more than your GPA or test score.
UChicago brings together a diversity of top minds from around the world. Every application goes through the same holistic review process, meaning that there's no one piece of information—academic and extracurricular records, essays, letters of recommendation, and SAT or ACT scores—that could tell us on its own whether or not you would be a good fit for the College. And that's really what this process is about: finding a college home that is a good fit for your personality and your plans. The very best way to approach your college application is to simply be yourself!
What does this mean for you?
- There is no minimum GPA or test score requirement.
- No course load is mandatory, but a standard college prep program is recommended.
- Every high school is different. Regional counselors with specific knowledge of their territory read all applications first.
- Applications are reviewed multiple times and presented to an admissions committee.
- There is not one quality on its own that can determine the strength of an application.
We look for bright students with an unquenchable thirst for knowledge and an interest in encountering new ideas. Tell us who you are in your own voice, not what you think we want to hear. Show us how you made the most of your high school experience and pursued opportunities to do things that are meaningful to you.