UChicago offers a wide range of need-based financial aid, the most significant source of available scholarships for our students. Thanks to the incredible generosity of an anonymous donor named “Homer” and further gifts from alumni and friends of the University, the Odyssey Scholarship program provides enhanced academic, social, and career support to students who are from lower-income families or the first from their families to attend college. Programs such as the UChicago Empower Initiative, Neubauer Adelante Family Programs, and UChicago Promise offer enhanced financial support to first-generation college students, families of police and fire departments nationwide, students engaged in Hispanic/Latino communities and/or who are from the Chicagoland area. Additional merit aid comes in the form of merit scholarships, which are awarded on the basis of academic and extracurricular achievement, demonstrated leadership, and community commitment.
- Learn more about merit & UChicago Empower scholarships
- Learn more about UChicago’s Odyssey Scholarship Program
- Learn more about Neubauer Adelante Family Programs
- Learn more about scholarships for Chicago-area students
Wherever you’re considering attending college, we also encourage you to apply for scholarships from outside organizations. One popular scholarship search resource is Fastweb. UChicago is also a proud partner of:
- MyIntuition: Try MyinTuition for a quick estimate of your cost to attend the University of Chicago. For a more in-depth estimate of your financial aid awards, try the Net Price Calculator.
- Raise.me: Offering students the opportunity to earn and accumulate micro-scholarships on the basis of high school achievements.